If you’ve lived in the Midwest for any length of time, you know that the roofing system of your home is one of the most essential features when it comes to protecting your property from the unpredictable climate. The volatile weather of the region’s spring and summer season can bring severe thunderstorms, high winds, and tornados, which all adds up to one big concern—roofing damage.
Whether your residential roofing system has been rotted away by rain and ice or you’re dealing with extensive damage in the aftermath of a storm, you know that you need to handle the issue fast before a damaged roof leads to much bigger problems with your home. Unfortunately, not every roofing contractor has your best interests in mind, and one of the biggest culprits to keep an eye out for is storm chasers.
Long-Term Risks of Working With a Storm Chasers as Your Roofing Contractor
Storm chasers are roofers that travel from state to state following severe weather. By looking for homeowners that have been affected by storm damage, they take advantage of a vulnerable situation (and your insurance company)—so you need to do your homework before committing to a company with a reputation for chasing storms across the country! If you suspect that your potential roofing company is a storm chaser, check for:
· References: Ask your roofing contractor for references in the local area that have been completed in the last six months. If they’re a storm chaser, chances are that they’ll have nothing to offer.
· Identification: Request identification during the interview process with your potential roofing company, and be aware that if they have out-of-state licenses, that’s a major red flag.
· Qualifications: Storm chasers are focused on their bottom line—not the quality of their work. Take the time to research the qualifications that they hold to see if they are legitimate.
· History: Many storm chasers are fly-by-night companies that lack an extensive, reputable history within the industry, so ask questions about the actual company before committing!
Benefits and Peace of Mind With a Local Roof Company
Once you’ve weeded out the storm chasers knocking at your door following a severe, damaging storm, the next step is finding a team of local roofers that you can actually trust to get the job done right. That’s where Get-A-Pro comes in. We’re a locally owned and operated company that has provided expert roofing services in the region since 1999—and we know a thing or two about the unique needs of those who live in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Iowa. To ensure that you get service you can depend on—and a roofing system that lasts for a lifetime, not just a few years—we’re proud to offer:
· Innovative metal and asphalt residential roofing from top manufacturers
· High-quality commercial roofing that’s designed for long-term performance
· Accreditation and an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau
· Membership in the National Association of Remodelers and the Metal Roofing Alliance
· Expert service, installation, and repairs completed by trained and certified professionals
· Exclusive warranties that protect your investment for decades to come
Don’t get left with thousands of dollars in wasted money and a roofing system that doesn’t meet your needs! Instead of choosing a storm chaser that is looking to make a quick buck off your misfortune, contact Get-A-Pro to learn about the long-term benefits of working with a reputable, trusted, local roof company. Give us a call or fill out our online form, and we’ll get in touch to get you set up with a free estimate for storm damage repair and roofing replacement.